Friday, January 1, 2010

A rough draft our invitations.

My custom made one of a kind wedding invitations!

So, I worked on our wedding invitations today. The following is a picture of the invitation design process. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew with this task but, I'm going to have fun completing it. I really hope they turn out the same way I envision them! Soon, I'm going to have the girls over so I can complete this project a bit quicker!! The flowers are going to be used on the place cards I think. I glued three different colors and sized rhinestones on about 300 little flowers! Drew made the "K" and "D' (awwww).

What do you think?
1/16/10
Today Andrea, Leah, and my Mom came over to decorate the invitations. I made them a french toast and sausage breakfast and Leah brought the coffee. I printed off about 80 invitations last night figuring that is more than enough for us. I'm really happy with the wording Drew and I chose and I managed to get the ink color pretty closet to the floral purple color that was on the invitations already. I used the font "Garamond" for the main wording and "Edwardian Script ITC" for our names. We glued tiny clear micro beads using silver glitter glue to different parts of the purple floral designs. My cats were dying to help and very curious about what we were doing. I have to say they turned out really nice and I really enjoyed the girl talk! Andrea stayed after Mom and Leah left and we made the templates for the envelope liners.
Thanks girls!
1/24/10
My sister Angie came over and I made her breakfast as well! Today we made all the envelope liners for both the invitations and response cards. We used a giant 18 x 18 "Martha Stewart" scrapbook page paper. When I bought them I realized it was a discontinued line so I bought all they had and it should be more than enough. We were able to get four sets on each template per sheet so I have plenty of leftovers to use for the programs maybe. We took turns tracing, cutting, and gluing them. Angie wasn't too happy about this task but, she did a great job. Too bad we ran out of glue so I will have to finish gluing the leftovers another day. She stayed over for about half the day and, it was really nice just hanging out with her. I don't remember the last time it was just her an I and for that long of a time period. I really appreciate her coming over and staying that long especially when she has seven kids to take care of at home.
Video Teaser

No comments:

Post a Comment