Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I picked out our Invitations!


So I found my invitations today and oddly enough I'm going to be making them myself! I've always liked the idea of doing that but, honestly I don't have the time, now I'm going to make the time! I was standing in the aisle of "Michael's" and looked at the box of invitations I think for 10 mins before I said "yes, these are it". I walked around the store for 30 mins finding other items to include. I will have more posts as I make more progress. This is great for our budget! The box of 40 invites includes the invitation paper, response cards, envelopes, and the ribbon which cost $39.99 and I used a 40% and 50 % off coupon! I bought huge sheets of Martha Stewart paper to use as the lining in the envelopes which were on sale for $0.47 each. I bought a cute jar of, ivory shimmery flowers for $4.99 and sticky crystals in purple $3.99 and clear $1.99. Since the response cards are plain I bought a rubber stamp that has a similar swirl design as the invitations for $5.99 (that's with the 50% off coupon)! To add a special touch when we mail them out I bought a "M" embosser and silver wax at $4.99 each. I also bought a bone folder for $3.59 (used a 40% off coupon)! Once I figure out the cost per invite I will let you know. Best of all Drew loves them!


All I know is the invitations I have looked at online or in the catalogs weren't very impresive, and the ones I liked were way too expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment