Friday, October 2, 2009

My Michelle Roth Wedding Dress




I bought this dress on Nov. 11, 2008 with my friend Andrea down in Chevy Chase. Mom found an add on Craig's list, believe it or not and I decided to check it out. The lady I bought it from had an amazing house! My friend Andrea said she felt like she walked into a page of a home magazine. The lady was really nice and she said she bought this dress up in New York City at a Michelle Roth sample sale. She said brand new it was $10,000.00 an she paid $1,000.00. The dress is perfect for the fall! It is an ivory silk organza and has a floral leafy pattern all over it and in the leaves they were hand painted a pale yellow color and it full of Swarovski Crystal bunches all over. I wish could see the way this dress sparkles! Just a little light makes it dance! The dress is a size 2 and it's never been worn just tried on a lot! The under part of the dress is full of so much tulle and crinoline. This was a very well made dress. She did the same thing as me, she bought the dress for a autumn wedding but ended up having a spring wedding and bought a new dress.


Knowing me I couldn't just buy it and wear it as is, I wanted to make it look like my dream Vera Wang dress that cost $15,000.00. I had met a designer back in March at a wedding show and he told me than that he had made the Vera I was talking about before. I met with him once but talked on the phone many times. We were going to add a little ruffle to the top of the dress, a deep purple sash with a cluster of flowers and we were going to make the train a little longer. It was going too look very similar to the Vera just sparkly!


The dress has some wear on it in the back by the zip on the top and the bottom. The bottom of the train was wear to it as well. If you're small and short like me it can be altered and you would never know it was an issue. So I am selling it now and if anyone is interested let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment