Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bought the stamps... time to mail out!

Today I was finally able to buy the stamps for our invitations! The post office line was insane as usual but, since I was only buying stamps I didn't have to wait long at all. I was hoping I would only need to use two stamps per invite but, it looks like I'm gonna need to use three. I was considering making our own stamp on www.zazzle.com but, when it was going to cost at least a $1.00 per stamp I passed, 44 cents is bad enough. Instead the post office offers the "King & Queen of Hearts" stamps. They fit our theme perfectly since we are getting married in a castle. My the laptop cord split over the weekend due to my little brothers new puppy and I can't get my mailing address labels off to print... another hold up... just great! To replace the cord "Best Buy" wants $169.99! Not paying it for a 6 year old laptop that's been on it's last days. If I order one for "Sony" it's $89.99 and I found one online cheaper but, I really don't have the time to wait for it and don't have the extra money to spend on a cord. These invitations should have been out in the mail no later than February 1st but, finances held us up! Hopefully I'll get them out soon.



So, I called my Dad and asked if he would at all be able to fix my laptop cord and he said probably. I brought it to the house and while I watched my Dad do some "Macgyver" moves my Mom made me some of her homemade ham soup. One of my favorites and it was perfect since it was freezing outside! Well, my Dad fixed it... he's my hero! Oh, how I missed my laptop but, this is a for sure sign that I need to invest in a new one soon. My Mom and little brother helped me tie the ribbons on all the invitations and my brother was thrilled to help to say the least. As I was leaving his puppy decided to leave me one more surprise... he pulled one of my gloves (nice black leather gloves) out of my purse and chewed a few holes in it as well as the thumb off! This puppy and I are getting off on the wrong foot! It's a good thing I love dogs and he's so cute. But, hey my laptop works again and I can get the invitations out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment