Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Cake Tasting!


Today is our first cake tasting and poor Drew woke up feeling really sick but, still came with me. I don't know how he does it... he's my superman! So, Drew and I picked up my sister and drove out to "Sugar Bakers" and, of course I passed it and had to turn around. Leah met us in the parking lot just as we were walking up to the place... talk about perfect timing! When we walked into the bakery, the place was packed! The owner came out and got us and took us to a little room on the side and there was an other couple doing their tasting. We all looked through her giant book of cakes but, I like one of the cake pictures I brought but, I did get an idea from one of her cakes. She said we can't have a cake with the wrapped sugar in May because it will melt so there goes one of my cakes so, we moved onto my number two cake. Our budget for the cake was about $500. We want a good cake but, it didn't need to be the best since are food is going to be awesome. Drew's favorite flavor was the coconut and mine was the yellow cake with the raspberry and amaretto filling. We all loved the french butter cream... it was to die for!!!! After the lady totaled up our cake and the total was $957.00 I knew we were going to have to keep looking. I swear I have "Champagne" taste on a "Beer" budget!
After we were done Drew went off to work and Leah took us home. My sister said she will look into what it will cost her to make the cake. That would be awesome! My sister makes amazing cakes! She's nervous since she has only made a few that could be considered professional but, we all think she can do it. The cake we picked is pretty plan and dressed up with simple things. I have to keep some surprises! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment