Sunday, March 14, 2010

A day of wedding to do's

Yesterday, was a busy afternoon. The weather was horrible with pouring down rain and bursts of strong wind! I picked up and Andrea, than my sister and her three daughters. We made it to the fitting appointment just on time at 11 am. My Mom and friend Leah met us there a few minutes later but, unfortunately they missed me in my dress. I only needed to get mine hemmed and everyone else for the most part had to get them taken in some. The seamstress is going to hold all the scrape pieces for me. I want to try and make a tutu or a dress out of the leftovers for our daughter if, we have one. I think it would be cute to wear on her first birthday and than she can pass it along to her daughter and so forth and so forth.
Once we were done with our fitting we drove down to Old Ellicott City and had coffee and lunch at "Bean Hallow". That coffee shop isn't the biggest place so it took some maneuvering of chairs and tables to fit us all. It was really nice hanging out with all the girls and having girl talk. Most of us ordered chicken salad or egg salad sandwiches and chai teas. Once we were done we walked up the hill to the jewelry store so I could find out about our rings and when we need to order them. It was such a crappy day to do at that walking around in the rain but, a least it
wasn't snowing. We walked up the hill to the bakery for the cake tasting appointment and we had to wait since another appointment was going on. The bakery actually
had me down for Sunday and I told the guy I just called when we were eating lunch to see if we could move the appointment up. Since there was so much confusion the owner "Chris" came in and help us. We all got free drinks and he took of the delivery fee if we go through them. The cake wasn't the best that we've had but, the prices were good and I know Angie wanted to try and make our cake but, after pricing everything out it makes sense to take the stress off of her and order the cake so that's what we did and I gave them our deposit a few days later. Angie is still going to make our Owl cake topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment